Roasted garlic makes a very tasty spread for crusty Italian bread. It is also wonderful folded into soups or mashed potatoes. Save any oil leftover to drizzle on cooked vegetables as it is delicious!
- 4 Whole Heads Of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the outer leaves of the heads of garlic, keeping the bulbs intact.
- Cut off the top 1/2 inch of the bulbs.
- Place the bulbs in a small baking pan, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Fill the pan with water or broth until the bulbs are half covered.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake in a 450 degree F. oven for around one hour, or until the garlic is soft.