This is one of those simple desserts that taste delicious and looks like you put a lot of effort into it despite the fact it takes only minutes to assemble. By having frozen puff pastry, jam, and fresh seasonal fruit on hand this dessert is great for last minute guests for dinner.
I like this dessert just on it’s own, but a dollop of whipped cream or a little scoop of vanilla ice cream would be heavenly with a slice of warm tart as well. I like to use either apricots or plums with this recipe but you certainly could experiment with other fruits as well.
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 6 Ripe Apricots
- 4 Tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the apricots, then cut in half through the stem and remove the pits.
- Lightly roll out the dough large enough that you can cut a 10 inch circle. (I find cutting around a dinner plate works well for me.)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and place the cut pastry on it.
- Heat the jam in the microwave for 20 seconds to liquify it and spread three tablespoons of the jam over the pastry circle, leaving a border of 1 inch.
- Place the apricots cut side down on the pastry, and brush them with the remaining jam.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the apricots and then bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The pastry should be puffed and light brown and the apricots lightly caramelized.
- If desired for more caramelization you can place the tart under the broiler for a minute or two. Serve warm.