This is a very easy recipe that can be served in many different ways. Once the salmon is cured, or “cooked” in a lemon juice mixture and dressed, it can be served on slices of crusty bread, or garnished with various ingredients and served as a delicious appetizer.
Be careful not to leave the salmon in the lemon mixture too long, or it will be completely cooked. The goal is to cook or cure the salmon just to the point that it still has a little dark pink color in parts. In the photo, I served the salmon with some slices of finely sliced onions, capers, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, but the salmon is really so delicious on it’s own you could serve it simply with a drizzle of olive oil, cracked black pepper, salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- 1 1/2 Pound Salmon Fillet
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To Garnish: (Choose As Desired)
- Finely Sliced Red Onions, Or Chopped Green Onions
- Chopped Tomato
- Lemon Wedges
- With a very sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices on the diagonal.
- Place in a large casserole dish, and pour the lemon juice and white wine over top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring once during this period.
- Pour the curing liquid off the salmon, and dress with the olive oil, salt and cracked pepper.
- Serve with garnish of choice.