This pasta has a delicate lemon flavor that is delicious topped with grilled seafood such as shrimp as shown in the photo. It is also a perfect first course without the shrimp, served before a second course of seafood.
I have used lemon thyme as my fresh herb of choice in this recipe, but fresh parsley or basil would work in place of the thyme as well. What is best about this pasta is that it can easily be prepared in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 Pound Long Pasta-Either Dried Spaghetti or Fresh Fettuccine
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Thyme (Or Fresh Parsley or Basil)
- 1 Medium Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Zest & Juice Of Two Lemons
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- Salt & Pepper
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 to 4 Grilled Shrimp Per Person (Optional)
- Mix together the oil, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the toasted pine nuts, stir well, and allow to sit for a couple of hours for the flavors to meld.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Just before draining, remove a small cup of pasta water.
- Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot with the lemon sauce over high heat.
- Add a little pasta water to prevent it from drying out.
- As soon as it is piping hot, remove from the heat and serve.
- Scoop the pine nuts off the bottom of the pot to top the pasta, and serve topped with grilled shrimp if using.
- Offer additional cracked black pepper if desired.